Our daughter loves everything sour and these definitely pass her test. These aren’t for everyone but for the true lime lovers.
- 1 cup simple syrup
- The zest of 1 lime, cut in strips
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed juice lime juice (about 3-5 limes)
- 1.5 cup water
- Add the lime zest to the simple syrup (to make simple syrup, combine 2/3 cup of water with 2/3 cup of sugar) and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Strain into a measuring pitcher.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes. You should have approximately 2/3 cup of juice. Strain and combine with the lime infused simple syrup.
- Add water to the mixture until the total amount is 3 cups (adding about 1.5 cup of water). Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds, allowing for some room the expansion. Allow the ice pops to start freezing, about 50 minutes before adding the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours.
Tried the recipe? Let us know what you think.