As a kid I always loved when my grandmother made these for an after school snack. So when our 4 year old asked if she could learn to bake, this seemed like an obvious place to start. She has been watching cooking shows on YouTube lately and started hanging out in the kitchen when we’re baking.
These are basically a giant chocolate chip cookie, just a little better suited for adventures.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pecan or nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Mix well and let cool. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread the mixture in a buttered 9 x 3 pan.
- Baked in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove as soon as the edges turn golden.
- Let cool and cut into rectangles.
Tried the recipe? Let us know what you think.